• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E4300 stuck at 6x Multiplier on a AW9D-Max

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

venk

A weird bug to say the least as a google search shows no other people reporting the same problem. My E4300 is currently running at 6x300 or 1800 Mhz.

It is set at 9 in the Bios, reports an expected clock speed of 2700 Mhz in the uGuru utility yet CPU-Z in windows reports it as 6x300Mhz. I've tried different multi values in BIOS (8x, 7x) and still it knocks back down to six. I disabled all the speed step stuff in the bios.

uGuru Settings
Bootstrap - 1066
Memory Timing 5-5-5-15
Memory Speed PC-750 (2:3 divider IIRC) using Corsairs 2 GB XMS2 PC800 RAM.
vCore - 1.375
DRAM - 1.9
PCIe - 1.55

I'm running Vista and the 1.0 firmware, any suggestions? Other than the Multiplier issue everything is stable and cool.

Bios temps are reporting 35 C.

Last edited:
I have read (but dont quote me) that there is a "speed" setting in vista under power options you need to adjust a setting there.

Ask over in "Microsoft Operating Systems" Im pretty sure it was there that I read it, or better yet Search for it.

And :welcome: hope you enjoy your stay

Edit: Or I could just find it for you ;) Here it is

Last edited:
Thanks Man, that did it! Thanks for the welcome also. :)

Now running at 9x334 or 3 Ghz! :attn:

My Vista CPU score went from 5.0 to 5.7 :burn:

Good news

Do tell, whats your vcore & mch at 3ghz. full load temp would all so be nice to know if you have done that testing yet.
Im not 100% sold on this chip for my other build, but it is 2nd on the list so the more I can find out about it the better. ie: how far will it oc for the number of volts you have to give it.
My first pick is the E6400, but time will tell.

Deanzo said:
Good news

Do tell, whats your vcore & mch at 3ghz. full load temp would all so be nice to know if you have done that testing yet.
Im not 100% sold on this chip for my other build, but it is 2nd on the list so the more I can find out about it the better. ie: how far will it oc for the number of volts you have to give it.
My first pick is the E6400, but time will tell.

vcore - 1.375
dramv - 2.0
mch - 1.55

I have not really tried to max out my CPU as of yet. Full load appears to creep up between 37 and 39 C with idle sitting at 32 C.

Deanzo said:
Nice temps, what heatsink/fan are you using and what did you use to load your cpu.

I used a cheap $20 Thermaltake HS/F. Nothing Special. I loaded it with 2 instances of Prime 95 running for 9 hours followed by a long session of the Supreme Commander Demo.

Fan Link

Up to 3.2 Ghz on this computer. To tell you the truth, i don't even NEED this much power since the video card is only a 7600GS and gaming isn't something I plan on doing much, but getting this thing to go faster and faster is creepy.

running at 31 degrees per core idle according to core temp.

edit: make that 3.4 Ghz running at 34 Degrees/Core idle. Once I see how far this thing can go, I think I will clock it back down to 3 Ghz.

Back