• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston PC2100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shoemaker

Registered
Right now where I live, memory of this flavour is in pretty tight supply. It doesn't make sense for me to order direct from Crucial because I have to pay the exchange rate, customs, and who will ever find my igloo up here in Canada.:p

I can get my hands on Kingston PC2100 256mb sticks. I want to know if anyone has used them, if they overclock well, and basically how they stack up against Crucial PC2100 256mb sticks.

Kingston 2100 I really couldnt say, but Ive used thier 100+133 plenty of times. Using those, wasnt too bad, but wasnt that great really overall... Its possible that the 2100 would be better, but really couldnt say.

With the stuff I did have, I would try to benchmark the ram using Sandra, would lock the system everytime, and nothing else would then...

Just a thought...

Kingston PC2100 does NOT overclock well at all. I can get my FSB up to 145 but I'm only about 90% stable. Anything higher than 145 and I get big problems. Kingston PC2100 is good stable ram at DEFUALT speeds only.

If you want to overclock order some Crucial or Corsair memory. That is what I'm going to do.

I have a kha+ with kingmax PC2100 which makes 160 FSB stable cas 2 at default voltage.. this is a great quality memory imho. However it most certainly does not like a voltage increase and as such depending upon the mobo being used Crucial may be a better choice. In my opinion the Corsair is over rated as I am yet to see anyone make exceptionally higher FSB's using this make than with Crucial and as such it has not proven that it is superior not to mention when considering the increased price I do not believe it makes a sensible purchase

Last edited:
Shoemaker said:
Right now where I live, memory of this flavour is in pretty tight supply. It doesn't make sense for me to order direct from Crucial because I have to pay the exchange rate, customs, and who will ever find my igloo up here in Canada.:p

I can get my hands on Kingston PC2100 256mb sticks. I want to know if anyone has used them, if they overclock well, and basically how they stack up against Crucial PC2100 256mb sticks.

Just tell them to rent the nearest dogsled, 4th igloo on the left hand side. Remember to dress warm, it'll take about 3 days there and back ^_^ *jk*

Personally, I'd avoid Kingston. More common memory might be Micron. Crucial is a devision of Micron, and all the best Micron chips go on Crucial PCB's. I managed to find Micron PC133, so you might be able to find Micron DDR2100.

Whereabouts in Canada are you?

Just outside of the T Dot.

Thanks for the input guys. I found a distributor who has a few sticks of Crucial. Even though its a little more than the Kingston, I can't resist....wouldn't want to regret it later.

you do that man, i own 2 kingston pc2100 sticks and they suck quite alot, as Yobbzz said they run great at default speed but no chance of oc'

Back