• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pictures of WC set ups.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dual Core Joe

Registered
Im a turbo newbie just getting into WCing. Ive got a Silverstone TJ09 with quite a bit of room inside her, but Im not sure how to set up the rad and pump. Can some of you post pictures of your set ups so I can get an idea of how to configure this thing?

Thank you in advance.

100_1090_1024x768.jpg

right now they are pulling from the bottom ... but when i find some more spacers, i plan on moving the fans to the top of the rad, simply because i feel that it would be more efficient to pull through the rad rather than push through the rad

smokie mcpott said:
right now they are pulling from the bottom ... but when i find some more spacers, i plan on moving the fans to the top of the rad, simply because i feel that it would be more efficient to pull through the rad rather than push through the rad

I don't think you'll see much of an appreciable difference. The spacers will probably help more than the side switch. Even the spacers won't help much. I didn't notice but about a 1 degree difference (if that) when I went from 2 fans pushing non shrouded to using 4 SHROUDED fans in push/pull on my GTS 240. If you do get an improvement though any improvement is good! You might get better results by opening up the hole in the bottom of your case too though. I don't know how you feel about cutting on it though. I'm pretty sure the bottom intake on my case is quite a bit smaller than the width fo a 120mm fan.

I'm going to be installing a PA 120.3 in my computer this weekend and I'll see how much having a shroud for it even helps (I don't think it'll help much at all once again, especially since the fans already sit 10mm or so off the fins). I'll be going with a pull config with it since it will allow me to vaccum out/clean the radiator while it's in the bottom of my case much easier.

Last edited:
I should point out that up in the watercooling stickies subforum, there is a thread with links to pictures of these setups built here at oc. have a read, lots of good stuff there.

but in the spirit of sharing =D

CIMG0004.jpg

preloop.jpg

dfi.jpg

ahh, its fun times.

Back