• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know this? A-data/v-data 1GB modules

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Schroinx

Registered
I'm getting my new budget build together. It's a E4300 or maybe E4400 depending on how late I'll be coupled with a Asus P5B-E board. I won't hardcore oc this machine, but I would like to see how far I can take it. Since I'm on a kind of a budget, the cheapest 6400 memory is two modules of 1 GB each, A-data VDQVE1A16 PC2-6400CL5. I can't find any info on this except one guy saying his are running fine at 4-4-4-12 at 1,9v. Anyone know about this? Any advise is appreciated.

And yes, before you ask, I am a noob at oc'ing, since I haven't done it since I got my 2.4C a few years back :-D

Rgds.
/Schroinx

A-data are popular in other countries but a bit new in America. They are good RAM at OK prices. Hardcore overclocking or not, they work just fine. I would choose them over PNY or Simple Tech. They are usually not the cheapest but if you can find them for a good price, go for it.

pqi and geil are inexpensive RAM that are very good for overclocking.

A-Data and V-data are the same thing and there's no way of telling how their stick will OC due to the fact they buy cheapest chips available atm thus just about every batch is different.

Thx. These run for 570DKK for one gig, and all the others are from 800DKK and up, so there is a difference in price. Fortunately we have a very liberal retun policy, why I can return them if I don't like them within 14 days. So I'll try two of these.

I can see that one can order 1gb in pairs (2x1gb), being significant more expensive. Are these for dual-channel or what?

Rgds.
/Schroinx

Well, I don't know about the "cheapest" ... Those of you in this forum who were around when PC4200 (DDR original!) was "brand new" will probably also remember Komuso's ADATA PC4200 chips that were doing almost 600mhz for really cheap.

Myself and a few others on this forum had our P4 2.4C Z0-stepping 30-cappers doing 292+ FSB at 1:1 with these bad boys and were getting stellar results for WAY cheap. I'm still using a pair of 512mb ADATA DDR modules right now at 560DDR 1:1 at 2.65v with my S478 3.0Gig Pressy E0 at 4.2Ghz.

Now obviously that was a bit more "back in the day", but ADATA isn't really that new, and typically they've been REALLY good with bang-for-your-buck overclocking parts. Maybe not the top-end, but for the price tag, certainly up there...

Here in DK anyways. As stated thay go for 3/4 the price of other budget modules from Kingston, Crusial and Corsair.

Oh, and I'm not going for the high-end so... ;-)

Nothing about that paired thing?

Rgds.
/Schroinx

I did OC my E4400 up to 3.0Ghz with memory ADATA vitesta extreme 2x 2Gb pc 6400 @ 4-4-4-12 was kinda hard at the 1st time since am newbie in OC-ing and the ADATA hold me up, but then I manage to it by founding that the 800+ sign in the box not totally real, so set Ur dram speed not over the fsb too far

Back