• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me choose

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mr.bigshot74

Ok guys. I hope I'm not repeating someone elses questions but here goes. I am gonna run a E4300 with asus commando. I want at least 2g of ram. I plan on OCing the cpu. Don't know about OCing the ram yet. What would be a good...reasonably priced ram. Should I get some pc3200 and oc it. Or should I go for the 4400. I know you guys know more about this stuff than I do. Thanks in advance:confused :

Well, there are hybrid VIA boards using DDR (I've got the craptacular ECS one), but he's specifying the Asus Commando.

Going to need DDR2 533/667/800 (PC4200-PC6400+) for that

Should I go with like the 4200 and oc it. Or should I go with the higher one right off the bat? Just not sure which is the best way to go

I would get at least DDR2-667 RAM. Using the 1:1 memory ratio, they are rated for 333 FSB, which is 3 gig with an E4300. Anything above that will be overclocking the RAM too, but most good RAM will O/C pretty good. The DDR2-800 is usually not much more than DDR2-667.

Back