• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

\Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gloin

Registered
I keep getting "The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period." from a RAID1 set sometimes when I write to the drive.

I can also notice a "hang" of about 1 second when this happens. It logs at least one error at every boot.

My setup:

P5W DH Dlx bios 1707
No overclocking. No voltage manipulation.
iaStor.sys either 5.7.0.1011 or 6.2.0.2002 (same result with either)
No raid manager installed

Disks 1 and 2 connected to SATA4 and SATA3 and set as RAID0 (no problems reported). This is disk1
Disks 3 and 4 connected to EZ_RAID1 and SATA1 and set as RAID1 (iaStor errors). This is disk0

All 4 disks are Samsung Spinpoint 200GB and equal.

Both EZ_RAID straps have been removed.

In ICH7 BIOS all is well (have lost a RAID1 disk once) and I see all 4 disks with valid serial numbers.

So, what is triggering this error?
Are the disks connected in a "good" way?

I do really need help on this one. I've read through a lot of threads, but can't seem to find equal setups to mine. And iaStor errors reported

that I've seen have been related to driver or memory voltage (?).

do you have latest intel matrix sorage manager installed?

some time ago i had a similiar problem, but installing those above solved the mistery

greets :)

Back