• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Black Ninja *56K Warning*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harakusara

I'm starting a project to water cool my xbox 360.

So far I have:
-Swiftech MCP350
-Koolance GPU-180-H06
-Koolance GPU-180-L06
-Hardware Labs Black Ice GT Stealth 120
-Thermaltake A2368 120mm Highest Performance DC Fan 78 CFM 21 DBA
-Tubing 1/4 ID and 3/8 ID
-1/4 clamps
-Barbs, t-line, fillport

Things I'm waiting on:
-New xbox 360 motherboard

And now Pics!!!:

Pump Placment:
Pump_Placement.JPG

emceepecks said:
Haha, may I ask what happened to your first one? :D

lol I'll show you:
oops.jpg

I scratched it taking the stock heatsinks off and damaged some TINY traces.:mad:
lol

harakusara said:
lol I'll show you:
oops.jpg

I scratched it taking the stock heatsinks off and damaged some TINY traces.:mad:
lol
you didnt try a conductive pen? i damaged an xbox trace before, spewed some condictive pen ink on it and used an exacto to separate the traces and it booted back up....

moho said:
you didnt try a conductive pen? i damaged an xbox trace before, spewed some condictive pen ink on it and used an exacto to separate the traces and it booted back up....

Did you fix an xbox trace or a 360 trace?

From what I understand the traces are larger on the xbox.

But there was also other damages to the motherboard.

Very interested to see you pull this off =O you gonna try to keep it all inside the case?

Valk said:
Very interested to see you pull this off =O you gonna try to keep it all inside the case?

Almost. The Rad is to wide to fit in the case so its gonna be attached to the side of the case.

One Bull said:
subscribed.. but why wc your xbox360?

That's what I wanted to know but I think the only way it will come across is non constructive since one of the prevailing thoughts of many people here is "if it feels good, do it!" :-/ He already ruined his motherboard screwing around with it.:(

Yay! I got my new motherboard today!

I will be laying out the cooling parts and will have pics later.

oooh I'm gonna like watching this. But IMHO the loudest component on the 360 is the DVD rom drive spinning, followed by the HD seeks.

Seriously, I dont care how small those traces are that is easily fixable.

I can't wait to see some more pics, I'm impressed that you're trying to keep most of the stuff internal. That's gonna be quite tough :)

There won't be any updates fo a couple of days because I have a fever of 101.2 right and its going up little by little. My entire body aches and I can't sit up. Sorry.

One Bull said:
subscribed.. but why wc your xbox360?

have you put your hand behind one of those things before? they pump out so much hot air i reckon it could set paper alite! They are seriously hot man, and thats plenty of reason to wc one. Sure you not going to overclock it (hmm theres an idea...) but at the very least if the components are cooler they will last longer.

harakusara, hope you get better man. I have some friends who would be keen to see this thread. Rest for now so you don't do somthing stupid from fever!

I started to feel a little better so I started to layout my tubing:
IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

This is all I can do until some more parts come so I'm kinda stuck.

Oh and to clarify why I'm water cooling my 360 it's because I was having major problems with freezing because of overheating.

Back