• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Difference between P5B-E plus and non-plus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Schroinx

Registered
Here in DK I can choose between the plus and non-plus version. The differences as I can find them, are that the plus has these tings:

Black pcb
Seriel port instead of parallel
Polymer capacitors
10% higher price
PCIE 4x slot

I had a 440BX Asus board, that ran for ages. My CUSL from 2001 are still running in my server stady as a rock, so I wonder about there is any real reason to pay 10% extra for the caps and blac pcb...

Rgds.
/Schroinx

the p5b-e plus has a higher voltage range when ocing. here in the states we dont have those versions. there for the p5b-e we can get is only limited to 2.1v dimm. basicly if ocing is what you plan to do, then get the plus version if you dont oc then go with the p5b-e. as far as i can tell the p5b-e plus uses the DLX pcb with some things missing.

Well 3GHz would suffice. Planning on pairing this mobo with a 4300 or 4400 :)

It sure looks like the dlx pcb.

As this is a budget box, I plan on throwing some cheap 6400 A-data ram after it.

Rgds.
/Schroinx

"The changes from P5B-E are all solid capacitors, 4 phase power design (vs. 3 phase power), different LAN, audio, IEEE 1394 controllers, Stack Cool 2 and Power LED."

There I am.
/Schroinx

Back