• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Confusing Motherboard Clocking results with the P5N 32-E sli plus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smegle

Registered
Hi all,
Having a bit of problems with adjusting my motherboard to aid my cooling on my system. Currently using core temp and my e6600 is running at 2.8ghz at about 58/57 degrees c on idle and ~64 when running 3d mark 06.

Bios cpu fan speed is approx 2170, i`m running this in Qfan mode

opt 3 fan speed (think this is the case fan) is running at 2100

cpu 50 deg and motherboard 40deg (also from bios).

Vcore is 1.37v (in bios)

This is with the side of my case off (on my brand new build!!).

Computer has been running for 15 mins from cold (running in bios)

Specs are as follows:
E6600
ASUS8800GTX
ASUS P5N32-E SLI (680i)
DDR2 2GB (667)
Akasa AK-961
ez-cool 650w psu

now i`ve been recommended to try reducing the volts down to 1.29 v but when i do this in the bios is still remains at the 1.37 in the hardware monitor.

Do you know what other things i have to do to make this setting take affect?

Also, i want to try running it at x8 multiplier as opposed to x9. Worked out the necessary fsb to get it to ruu stock (initially) and it was at 2.7ghz as opposed to the 2.4 i wanted (it was still using x9).

Any ideas?
help greatly appreciated :burn:

i`ve managed to alter the multiplier now and running at 2.7ghz with the side cae on it gets 54/56 on core temp calculating 32m in pie and maxes at about 62deg c.
are these temps far to high?

noob here but just to giv you a comparison, im on a e6600 as well running stock but idle is 40'c, ambient temps around 30'c. You havent really pushed it yet but depends on ur ambient temp......but tht does seem on the high side, maybe try some other monitoring tool ie intel thermal analysis.....or could be your mouting on the hsf.

cablesguy said:
noob here but just to giv you a comparison, im on a e6600 as well running stock but idle is 40'c, ambient temps around 30'c. You havent really pushed it yet but depends on ur ambient temp......but tht does seem on the high side, maybe try some other monitoring tool ie intel thermal analysis.....or could be your mouting on the hsf.

i`ve tried to run intels tat but it won`t seem to run on my computer, strange really, i`ll try reseating my cooer again

Back