• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B-E to Deluxe-Matrix still work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

68Injunhed

Ok, I'm getting a P5B-Deluxe to replace my undervolting-E. Both have the P965 and ICH8R chipsets, with Matrix RAID. If I already have a RAID setup on my drives now, will I have to reformat and re-set them up? I am hoping not, that since they share chipsets I can just hit ctrl-I at POST and the southbridge will recognize them for what they are, the Windows drivers and all that are already installed.

Anyone with any experience with this?

I hope so. I planned on running them exactly as I had them on the -E board. They both have the same RAID controller and the JMicron IDE controller. Windows should see it as the same board pretty much. i was trying to avoid a re-install and phone activation. What a PITA.

I did move my Matrix raid array from Asus P5LD2-VM DH that has ICH7R to P5B-Dlx Wifi with ICH8R without any problem. Only need OS reinstallation since they're totally different mobo and gfx too. All important stuff in raid 1 volume was untouched. :)

I strongly believe that it will work flawlessly, even without OS re-installation since same chipset and almost similiar mobo design too.

Worked perfectly, only had to install the LAN driver and the driver for the new vid card.

Back