• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

registry hive file borked. Options?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IAmMoen

So i have been having a ton of problems with my new build. I finally get it up and running and when i come home it is just cycling through trying to boot up. It is on the sliding bar boot up and then i get a bsod sort of. Super quick. When I get home i will post a pick but it basically says that it cant load my hive file (assuming registry). Because i was not done with installing things on the computer i didnt ever make a backup of the registry. Do I have any options besides a reinstall? ANY?

edit: by the way this is on a nvraid setup so i cant hook it up to another computer.

Probably not if there was never a restore point or backup made. Are you installing while overclocked? Might not want to do that. Only takes one file to completely ruin an install.

but there is absolutely no way that i could replace my registry with anyone elses from a similar setup? I would really assume not. The thing is i had just moved all my stuff from my backup drive to my main drive and then i was going to make a raid 1 for that stuff but the install now bit the dust before i could do that aka the worst possible time EVER! So i have to figure something out....

Back