• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nforce4 Networking vista problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zephxiii

Registered
Just recently got vista 32bit, and for some reason, every other reboot i get a "Device cannot start code 10" error with the ethernet controller. I'll then have to fiddle around withe drivers, uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting to get it to work again.

I've tried the drivers that came with vista, and the ones that were recently released on nvidia's website, neither seem to make a difference. I

It also seems like this has something to do with update kb929427 as the problem didn't seem to exist before it was installed (could be wrong).

So i'm wondering if anyone else is possibly experiencing this with their Nforce platform.

Yeh i got disconected this afternoon, Vista informed me it was an Nforce4 problem, i let the wizard do its thing and away it went.

Power options has given me a couple of problems too, shutting down and loseing D & E drives, Set this to never off and things seem ok, wonder if this may have caused problems with the Nforce4 networking..

Hmm, just had it happen again. I was booted into vista for 2 days straight, never a problem with the NIC. I reboot, i will not work, tried reinstalling the driver, nothing. So i rebooted again, it works fine for no reason.

So it seems like every other reboot, the nic is broken for no apparent reason? wtf vista.

Back