• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Networking on Vista

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattsterMH

How do I get my local network area to respond? I don't exactly know how to state my problem, but I want to be able to transfer files from my computer to other computers in my network.

All of the computers in my household are windows xp, but mine is vista. They all have working networks, but I can't view other computer's/shared files from my computer.

How do I get it to work?

P.S. I think I stated my problem like a moron, but I think you all know what I mean.

Right click my computer, select properties, go to advanced system settings, to computer name, change computer name, insert wg/home network name in work group and your done. Well, you may have to reboot the others but, you should see theres. You may also have to right click and pullup the network properties and turn off password protected sharing.

mblue said:
Right click my computer, select properties, go to advanced system settings, to computer name, change computer name, insert wg/home network name in work group and your done. Well, you may have to reboot the others but, you should see theres. You may also have to right click and pullup the network properties and turn off password protected sharing.

Thanks chief, problem solved.

Last edited:
Back