• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista 3rd Party Firewalls...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JenBell

Hello People,

Maybe I am the only one dying for this but I just cannot seem to find a software firewall for vista.

I pretty much have all the drivers, just missing this last thing before I install.

Anti-virus I have...was hoping for zone alarm but there vers 7 does not support vista by the looks of it.

Any tips?

I am willing to use a free one...wait...is the built-in one that good?

I know it comes half-disabled when u install vista but is it really that good that u really dont need a 3rd party one?

I can understand the spyware / malware side of things being not so great on vista (bitdef) but the fw REALLY that good?

Most posts I have read are happy once they learn all the settings, etc.

Thanks! (With my XP install dying...vista disc in hand...yep...getting so vista)

I'll be waiting for ZoneAlarm to work with vista for the firewall, but AVG free 7.5 works just dandy for antivirus.

trend micro internet security 2007 ...a/v and firewall vista ready(edit)vista certified

Back