• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista sleep problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cx323

Whenever vista puts my computer to sleep the computer actually shuts down. When i reboot the computer it says "resuming", and then i get a corrupted display of some random colors. I then reboot it asks me if i want to try resuming again or boot normally, if i click boot normally it works fine. I googled and it seemed to be a problem with the power settings so i set it to high performance, turn monitor off after 20 minutes and never sleep, this still did not fix the problem. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks

My test rig with vista did not like sleep or hibernate. The power button was defaulted to hibernate, which would hang the computer. I changed the default to shut down (which is what I wanted anyway) and all is now well. I also went to Control Panel/Power settings and set everything that was sleep or hibernate to shut down instead. No more problems.

I had the same issue with mine, I simply turned off all the hibernate options so it just stays on. Haven't had any more problems.

thanks for the help, i told the monitor not to sleep and the problem seems to have left

In my experience overclocked systems tend to have real problems with sleep but hibernate usually isn't an issue. I think the setting that is sending it to hibernate after suspend is "hybrid sleep." Which you can disable in the power management options.

It has been my experience that EVERY PC/OS Combo I've had has had some trouble with sleep and/or hibernation.

I told mine to stay awake and never turn the monitor off and all that.. and it still sleeps and hibernates and all that and of course does not wake up.. grrr.. Not good for folding...

Oh I solved the problem on my machine.. I unplugged the USB cable that connected the UPS and the system... Seems Vista kept thinking the battery was empty on the UPS and that I should shut the system down.

Back