• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI MS-6577 Ver 4.1 voltage problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eleminator30

Alright, I've discovered the only way to OC this motherboard is by using CPUCool or CPUFSB by Overclocking it via the PLL as in the BIOS it doesn't give you the option to overclock the processor. In order to use this software, you'll have to open your tower and look on your PLL to find the maker and it's model number for older motherboards. For newer motherboards *such as mine...which mine ISN'T exactly new...but it is according to this software*, it'll automatically find your PLL and it's correct settings for you to Overclock your processor, speed up your fans, control your RAM settings, forced cooling, and all that.

Now that that's out of the way...I've ran into a problem of my own...the voltage setting. I've overclocked my processor from 2.5GHz *2553 Mhz to be exact* to 2.7GHz *2753 Mhz to be exact*, when I try to do the increase to either 2.9GHz or even 3.0GHz, the computer restarts itself and keeps restarting itself. I was told it was because I have only a 250W Power Supply. My processor set at 2.5GHz only takes up 1.3V. I've bought a 450W Power Supply to place on my motherboard. What I don't know is, will this make it overclock to 3.0GHz successfully? What it seems to me is, the processor itself is set on a certain voltage setting and if it exceeds it, it shuts down completely and the only way to set it back to normal is by unpluging the AC cord and plugging it back in...thus allowing the motherboard to set everything back to normal even before you tried overclocking it. Does anyone know this voltage limit that my Prescott Intel Celeron D can't exceed without shutting down? and will a 450W power supply help increase this limit?

Back