• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5N32-SLI Premium + C2D E4300 OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PocketRocket

Hi,

I just bought the following components:

- Asus P5N32-SLI Premium
- Intel Core 2 Duo 4300
- 2x1GB Geil PC6400 4-4-4-12 Memory
- Leadtek Geforce 8800 GTS
- Seagate 320GB 7200RPM Harddisk

I decided to take the C2D E4300 due to the good overclocking results many ppl already reached.

But despites the fact it's a good CPU to OC i still can't get it higher than 2.5Ghz.
The Temperatures are really good, < 20 Degrees Idle. (Using a Thermaltake Big Typhoon Cooler)

When i try to set a FSB speed higher than 1111Mhz it will not boot, i just get a blank screen and have to switch off the pc.
It seems to me that in almost every case the CPU needs to run at higher speeds than 2.5Ghz with stock voltage.
I tried to increase the vcore a little but without any result.
I Also tried some other voltage settings from NB and Memory, all without any result.

The newest BIOS version is installed.

Is there somebody around here (with about the same set up i described above) who might knows why i can't get it higher than 2.5Ghz?

NB: i wrote this topic quite early so i might forgot something.
Ask me when you need some additional information.

Some people have had problems with that board and 8800 gfx cards when LinkBoost is enabled in AI Tuning, try disabling that.

Back