• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x2GB Geil???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maglin

I'm building a new rig and wanted to run 4GB of ram. Usually 2 sticks is easier to OC than 4 and it leaves 2 slots open to expand in the future. I'm looking to get
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820144060
And wanted to know if it would be a good choice for what I'm aiming for.

Rig:
E6600
P5B DX
8800 GTS
Vista Home Premium

Looking to OC to 4.0 Ghz. Or at least hopeing to. Either on a 400 FSB or try for a 500 FSB. I'm just wanting to make sure that I will be able to OC to at least 400 FSB with this RAM and wondering if 500 FSB is possible with current memory dividers for the P5B DX. I haven't totally setteled on the MB but it seems to have what I want and is a great OCing board.

Any advise is appreacated.

Unless you are doing 64-bit Vista and really need the 4GB right now then hold off. 4GB is still way to expensive, probably doesn't overclock great, and 32-bit Windows only sees 3.25GB.

Thank you for the response. I guess I'll just get some D9's and stick with 2GB until the 64-bit version is supported better.

I am currently running the Gskill 2X2GB Kit in windows Vista 32bit and everything has been flawless. They even run stock voltage 800mhz @ 4-4-4 timings. When they are rated at 5-5-5 800mhz.... So dont be afraid to run a 4Gig kit because of timings and performance spec.

Back