• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do mobo's with memory standard ddr2 800 support ddr2 1000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woca

Do mobo's with memory standard ddr2 800 support ddr2 1000?

i want to get bad axe 2 mobo and was gonna get 2gb crucial ballistix that are ddr2 800 but if i can get better performance ill go up to the ddr2 1000's

also, will they boot on first go

oh, the processor is a c2d e6600

the mobo supports as high a speed as it can be overclocked to basically

and yes with a 6600 you can get a way with overclockable 667 ram and still not top them out before you top out your cpu.

so i should stick with my 800's cause my cpu will stop being able to be pushed before my RAM?

yeah with a 9 multi on the 6600 800 ram will give you 400x9 and if your lucky it will do it, or you kick down to 8x multi and find a sweet spot.

When you say "suport" I start to think of it as "if it does not reach 1000 you can rma the product because it does not live up to its promise"

Technically there are no DDR2 1000 mhz MBs out there, anythink above 800 is just an OC.

I do hear the 680i "can" run memory beyond 1000 but its an over clock because its technically rated as a DDR2 800mhz.

And when you buy your 1000mhz ram modules you will find a massive hole in your pocket.

Back