• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Install - USB Mouse won't function

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FishDog3

Never had this happen before haha. I created an nLite windows XP install, included my drivers for everything from RAID to the mouse/kb drivers. After the install the mouse gets power, and is detected (it registers as a G5 Logitec mouse in the mouse setion of the control panel GUI), but doesn't move the pointer.

Secondly, another logitech USB mouse does not even power up when plugged in.

I've installed both the nforce drivers and the logitech setpoint drivers again, after the initial windows install.

Not exactly sure whats up, figured I'd make a new nLite install and make sure I didn't turn anything off that needs to be on. Any ideas before I do as such?

I had this exact same thing happen before. After many hours of frustration I booted up in safe mode and it said new hardware detected at the windows screen and I went huh and rebooted normally and all was fine? Not sure why this fixed it but it did. This was also right after a fresh install.

Back