• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing Favorite Links from Folder Views

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vixro

How do you remove the Favorite Links box from your folder views? I tried putting classic folders on, but the option is still there and I want to remove it. Here is a screenshot of the toolbar I want to remove and the favorite links pane I want to remove. All google searches come up with modifying what links are in it, but not getting rid of the bar completely. The only "fix" I have found so far is to drag the folders pane over the top of the favorites view pane, but once that is minimized the favorites one is there again.

folderviews-vi.jpg

If you know how, let me know. I've been asking a lot of questions recently, but I promise it's for the greater good. As we find answers for these questions when Vista is relatively new, it will help when people come searching later and it's a more popular OS. ;)

Because the linkage is extremely annoying and I don't and never will use it. I prefer extended folder view, like windows explorer used to give you a long time ago. That's just the way I am comfortable with.

The top bar with the Burn icons and organize buttons, those are useless. You can get the same menu by right clicking in the blank folder or through the top menu that says View.

Back