• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

.NRG file how to open and install??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I have a .NRG file which I know is a Nero Drive Image file because I had it saved from my old computer. I do not have Nero yet. But I would like to know how I can install the software w/out Nero Drive Image. It's an image file a program.

Any ideas people??

Thanks in advance.

Older version of daemon tools could open and access them until ahead asked them not to anymore and they complied. Alcohol 120% and other VirtualCD might still be able to. Standard Nero itself can burn the .nrg too.

Google for nrg2iso works too.

I don't need to burn the .nrg file, I have it backed up on a hard drive for now. I have heard assorted issues w/Alcohol. That is, when people have it installed, there always seems to be some sort of problem w/another's software.hhmmm

I will look into it some more. Is Nero the only way to open it and install it..or the best way rather?

Viper69 said:
I have heard assorted issues w/Alcohol. That is, when people have it installed, there always seems to be some sort of problem w/another's software.hhmmm
Odd. I've been using alcohol 120% 1.9.x for a few years now on like 4 different systems without issue. I've heard of people having problems with daemon tools (ie the "daemon tools spyware 'toolbar' ") but I've never heard anything about people having problems with (legit) registered versions of alcohol. I never really liked the way that DT has to stay running as a process either.

On that note, PowerISO might be able to open NRG files.

the daemon tools toolbar is an option on install on version 4.0 and up...you dont have to install it to install daemon...besides, i still prefer version 3.47

Back