• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

680i & onboard ehternet problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikev069

Registered
Hello everyone,

I just finished building my new rig and ran into some problems. Everything installed just fine except for the onboard ethernet controller.

The device manager is stating, "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)"

It shows that message on both of the, "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controllers"

Here is a list of the hardware I have in my new rig:

eVGA 680i motherboard
Intel E6400 C2D processor
Zalman CNPS9500
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-1000
eVGA 8800GTS video card
WD 150gb Raptor X hard drive
(x2) WD 250gb SATA hard drives in a non-raid setup
Antec P180B Tower
Antec TruePower 650watt PSU

Once I had all the hardware installed, first thing I did was went into the BIOS and set the boot order, adjusted the RAM mhz from 800(default) to 1000. I also disabled the floppy drive controller & 1394 controller since I don't use either.

I just installed a fresh copy of Windows XP OEM. Troubleshooting I've done so far is delete both ethernet controllers from the device manager & reinstall the drivers off the motherboard installation CD. Same results as before.

I can't find anything on the internet about this particular problem with this motherboard. Can anyone please help!

Thank you

Back