• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prepare for 2007 Daylight Savings Time Changes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZGOZZ

Find Out Which Software Updates You'll Need
In March, daylight-savings-time start- and end-dates for the United States and Canada will change to transition with the U.S. Energy Policy Act of 2005. Learn how you and your customers can acquire the scheduled updates for Microsoft Windows and other affected Microsoft applications and when the updates will be available.

Prepare for Daylight Savings Time Changes in the United States and Canada

Information on Microsoft Products and Updates
One of the key provisions of the Energy Policy Act of 2005 is to extend Daylight Saving Time (DST) by approximately four weeks. In compliance with this provision, beginning in 2007, DST dates in the United States and Canada will start three weeks earlier (2:00 A.M. on the second Sunday in March) and will end one week later (2:00 A.M. on the first Sunday in November).
You and Your Customers:

Assess the Impact to Your Microsoft Products and Install the Updates as Necessary

Microsoft is committed to making this transition as seamless as possible for our users affected by the new Daylight Saving Time changes. As a service to you and our Customers, Microsoft will be producing an update for Windows products as well as other Microsoft products affected by the new U.S. statute. These updates will be released through technical support channels including Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS), as well as online channels such as Windows Update and Microsoft Update.

Details of the updates for Microsoft Windows and affected Microsoft applications, how you and customers can acquire them and when they will be available can be found on the Microsoft website at

http://www.microsoft.com/ dst2007.mspx.
Corresponding Technical Knowledge Base Articles can be linked to from this website as well.
Microsoft is providing the Time Zone updates for you and customers on Windows platforms that are covered by mainstream support. If you or your customers have an Extended Hotfix Support Agreement, you can request a hotfix for products in Extended Support.
For more information on the current support status of your Microsoft products and the Support Lifecycle Policy, please visit

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle.
Find more details

If you need further information or clarification from Microsoft, please visit

http://www.microsoft.com/ dst2007.mspx.

Yep, I had to go through this on Friday. Not much fun for me considering the number of NT and 2K boxes still on this network.

I hope they go to double daylight savings time in 2008 like they were talking about. When I was 5-6 they tried it for a year, and it was sunny out till nearly 10pm in June. It kinda sucked cause I had to go to bed at 8pm, and it was still sunny and birds chirping for 2 more hours.

Back