• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any good C2D overclocking matx/micro boards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NightRyder

Registered
So, I have looked and looked. It seems the answer is no. If someone knows of a nice C2D matx board, Quit Hiding It!

I really want a sff c2d water system for some reason, but the lack of a good board is killing me.

On a related note, Does anyone know if a good board like that will be comming out soon? I don't know where I should look to find out about to-be boards. Is there any chance in the next few months a good board will come out?

Right now I'm using a 3200+ @ 2.8, 1gig ram and a 6600gt, all on air. So, I think I can hold out a little while. The main thing is it is not dual core, which is really bothering me the most. (the other is that even with a new card I still can't run Oblivion/such hard-to-run games @ 1900x1080) I could upgrade the videocard and/or go water with my current setup, but I would rather go C2D and run 4Ghz!

I suppose if I cannot find a good matx board I will just wait the few months and get a new videocard and then wait some more for that mobo. Unless there is a large belief that there will never be a good matx board.

What do you think?

wait till offical 1333fsb boards come out. then use a defrogger kit to mod the cpu to 1333fsb. would be best on say the 4300 to oc it to 2.4ghz from 1.8ghz.

if you don't mind sticking with amd, there's a nice review i read just yesterday:

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-352-10.htm

i see your point though, about wanting to go with c2d - more bang for the back. but matx, that still will limit you - no pci/pci-e lock on those boards... btw, i won't really hold my breath for 4ghz out of c2d for 24/7 use. watter or otherwise. unless you really luck out and get some super chip. 3.4-3.6 is more like it.

have you considered getting a nice, smallish case that will take a regular atx board? something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112095

is actually pretty small, compared to any of the atx towers.

Evilsizer: Are you saying the 1333fsb matx boards will be good overclockers? 2.4Ghz doesn't seem to be a great incentive when I want 3.6-4.

mcoleg: Yea, I think if I get a new setup, I might as well go for C2D.

If I can't get a matx board to work for me, the small atx case seems like a good alternative. Still, It wouldn't really be small enough that I would actually bring it places any more then my current full tower. It wouldn't really fit into a backpack. Thus I will probably give up the sff idea and just save the extra $120, instead of buying a case.

im not saying they are going to be good ocer's but with a board that offically support 1333fsb cpus. you could take a cpu with say a 200fsb or 266fsb and possibly get it to run on 333mhz(1333fsb). which would be a no brainer oc for the mobo.

you should really wait for the new matx boards with 1333fsb support imo. pad modding the cpus for higher fsb's is easy.

not a whole lot of those around here either...

i think Evilsizer is right - when 1333 boards com out, it will be easier to clock them matx boards.

i looked into that asrock mobo a while back.... they have never been offered in the USA. i almost bought one for a AU company that shipped over here but i didnt have the funds at the time... shipping was almost as much as the board....

I'm waiting for this Abit-iT-90HD.

Rumor has it that it should be hitting the streets within a couple of weeks. Supposed to be a pretty good overclocker with an HDMI port. Hmmm...

neato but i think the LG-95 will give it a run for its money for ocing. the already to go aviio is a nice feature.

Back