• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot set memory to 2.2V with p5b-d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ltclydefrog

Registered
I have an asus p5b-deluxe and some crucial 10th anniversary memory. The memory is rated for 2.2V and in the bios the memory voltage goes from 2.15 to 2.25. What should I do about this?

Try it at 2.15 and if its not stable go to 2.25. If you are going to overclock, you will probably want it at the higher voltage anyway.

Yes, i do plan on overclocking the memory but i havent really done that before so im a little confused. Where does changing the voltage come into all of this. I know i need to up the fsb to make it run faster than 667 and lower the timings to get it more stable. Does increasing the voltage also make it more stable? Also how high should i put the voltage?

When you run products like ram at higher speeds than they are rated for, they require more power and effecient cooling or they will become unstable and cause system crashes and whatnot

you may not need anymore than 2.0-2.1 the ones I had did 458 at 2.1 with 4-4-4-12 timings probably had more but never tried.

Back