• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B deluxe WiFi, where is the WiFi???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JP_Jones

Hi guys,

Running Vista Home Premium on a new rig I built 2 weeks ago.

I dont see the ASUS WiFi program anywhere.

I want to set it up so I can use my PSP to use the internet, I thought that this ASUS board came with everything to set up the WiFi access point, the "WiFi-AP Solo", but I dont see it on the CD included. (me, blind?)

Any idea what I should do?

Thanks for your time.

JP_Jones

the driver is there, the hardware is listed, but no app called "WiFi-AP Solo" to match the manual that they included. Basically I have the wireless, with no app to use it. I have this nice manual for what looks like a useful utility to set up my little home wifi network, but no actual application.

in the manual is says to go here then there on the CD to install it, but when I try an error comes up about this OS not supported.

Anyone with this board and Vista 32bit get it going??

Rattle said:
go to the site and get the driver, actually vista should give you the driver, it did for me.

vista 32 bit p5b-deluxe wifi driver is at the site, you know the Asus site? Then you'll have the "application" you seek

well, I did that days ago, but there must be something I am not seeing, or doing wrong, because no "WiFi-AP Solo" is there. just drivers for realtek, no applications aside from the driver instalation apps, two of them, but they both seem to do the same thing, configure the hardware. Nothing installs the application to use it. What am I not seeing?

Have you tried this official Asus page ? -> http://support.asus.com/default.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Just click the download page and choose the correct option and it will lead you to the main download page for particular mobo. That page has the complete stuff there starting from manual, latest driver, utlitiy such Wifi Solo, flashing proggy etc, BIOSes.. and so on.

Edit : Found it after roamed at their public FTP site, AP Solo for Vista -> ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/ASUS_WIFI_AP/ASUS_WiFi_AP_RTL8187_V6126212122006_Vista.zip

Last edited:
guys, I appreciate the help, really, but that link is just for the driver as far as I can tell.

I need the application/ utility whatever to set up the PC as an access point. The manual says its called "WiFi-AP Solo". there is no application in that download, just the driver.

Is there anyone that actually has it set up on vista??

Can someone talk me through it?

Thanks for the ideas so far.

JP

Have you try download & test it ? That link's filename is "ASUS_WiFi_AP_RTL8187_V6126212122006_Vista.zip" ! Mark the bold characters !

Back