• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for MIDI files to WAV files conversion software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Route44

I need to find a good software whereby I can convert MIDI files to WAV files in order to burn audio CDs. I have seen a number of them online for around $30.00 but I haven't a clue as to what are good and what are hype.

I also need it to be user friendly, i.e., simple, clean interface. Thanks.

Jon, thanks so much for the reply. I am a complete noob to this realm of converting files. My son downloaded and saved in a playlist some midis on Microsoft Media Player 10 and he wants to convert to WAV. I take it the software you pointed me to can convet these over to WAV, correct?

I would get Audacity instead of what I originally posted as I've actually used Audacity before - just not in midi conversion. It's pretty simple to use.

If you have physically saved the midi files to your system (.mid format), then yes, it will convert them to .wav.

Back