• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What exactly are the "CPU VTT", "ICH" and "ICHIO" voltage options good for in BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Streifenkarl

What exactly are the "CPU VTT", "ICH" and "ICHIO" voltage options good for in BIOS?

Okay, other than v-core, v-dimm and vmch I have these voltage options in my BIOS:

CPU VTT (stock is 1.2v)
vICH (stock is 1.3v)
vICHIO (stock is 1.05v)

I know that ICH is the Intel name for the southbridge, but what exactly do these settings, and what is the effect if I change the voltages? And what is CPU VTT anyway?

Any help is appreciated. :)

The MCH, ICH, and ICHIO are all related to the chipset. I think MCH is N/B and maybe ICH is S/B (IO stands for input/output). I don't know exactly what VTT is, but it has something to do with the memory bus. If you raise vdimm, then VTT goes up too. I thought VTT was supposed to be half of vdimm, but maybe that was with the old DDR not the new DDR2.

Sounds good. Even though I'd like to know exactly what CPU VTT is. I'm going to check the Intel specs sheet for the 965 Chipset, maybe the answer is there. But if anyone really knows what it is, please post it. :cool:

I was actually under the impression that cpu vtt was the vFSB, because I don't see vFSB anywhere in my bios, and I have tried the original, and both of the available betas. Other than that, the only cpu related voltage Isee is the vCore, which is different than the vFSB.
I started that thread over at overclock.net, but folks are still unsure of the QuadGT bios explanations.

So far Abit's bios updates suck, sure they fixed broken things in the two betas, but in the meantime broke things that worked in the release bios. C1E isn't even an option in the betas, whereas it was in the original release bios.

Back