• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good overclocking board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nvidiaOCmaster

My board is literally dying. It doesn't even post @ stock. Ive done all the troubleshooting, all my hardware works fine on another computer.

I want to get the P5NE-SLI 650i because people say its a better OC'er than most of the nVidia chipsets, but they still say its limited like most older nVidia chipsets. I want really good overclocking. I would like a board than can take a Pentium 4/ Pentium D to over 4ghz, so I don't think that the P5N-E is an option.

edit: 2 IDE channels would be nice, too.

edit2: Budget: 140$

I posted this in Asus because I would like an Asus board. I will still be willing to get another manufacturer if the board offers good OC options.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
p5n-e

I should be getting my asus p5n-e today. I'm expecting to do some overclocking with it.

I was hoping to possibly reach 4ghz.

Are you saying this is impossible with this board? I've heard some people say they have reached 4.2 on air!!!!

mercuryhaze said:
I should be getting my asus p5n-e today. I'm expecting to do some overclocking with it.

I was hoping to possibly reach 4ghz.

Are you saying this is impossible with this board? I've heard some people say they have reached 4.2 on air!!!!

Its impossible on any other nVidia board.

Back