• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Pro SP2: Validation Failure?! What the... ?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Route44

In May 2006 I built my 939 rig and installed an OEM version of XP Pro SP2 that is fully validated with key purchased from a reputable dealer. Anytime I needed to update it went right through. Windows servers recognized my copy as valid everytime but...

I had a BSOD 30 minutes ago and when I re-booted my Sunbelt firewall attempted to create a crash report and then upload. At the same time Windows popped up with a notice of a serious failure and wanted me to send the Error Report. I made the mistake of sending and I got...

Validation Failure and now they want me to try and get a "valid copy" because mine is pirated or so they say.

Any ideas?

Route44 said:
In May 2006 I built my 939 rig and installed an OEM version of XP Pro SP2 that is fully validated with key purchased from a reputable dealer. Anytime I needed to update it went right through. Windows servers recognized my copy as valid everytime but...

I had a BSOD 30 minutes ago and when I re-booted my Sunbelt firewall attempted to create a crash report and then upload. At the same time Windows popped up with a notice of a serious failure and wanted me to send the Error Report. I made the mistake of sending and I got...

Validation Failure and now they want me to try and get a "valid copy" because mine is pirated or so they say.

Any ideas?
Do a reinstall and when your key fails call the number that comes up. Explain it to them and they'll give you a new key.

Back