• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Timings...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reclaimer122

Ok, I just got done screwing around with my RAM timings for the first time. The stock timings I believe are 5-5-5-15, with 1.8v stock at 667mhz. Ok, I have had them running at 1.95v because I've been running my FSB at 377 (1:1 ratio). Anyways, today I wanted to see how how my processor would go on stock voltage. I'm at 3.2ghz right now, and my RAM is still at a 1:1 divider. I however started messing with the timings, and this is what I got them too... 4-3-3-1. No mistake. Isn't that a little insane or something? The sticks are still overclocked, although only by about 40mhz or so. I have the sticks at 2.05v, and so far I've only run about 5 minutes of memtest but it had no errors. I'll test it some more tomorrow if I get a snow day ;)

Anyways, I just wanna know if 4-3-3-1 is normal or not. That seems... really tight!:eek: Oh, and how much of a difference should I notice?

timingsdk8.jpg

CAS is the timing that affects performance the most. I would not run TRAS less than 6 and more likely 8 or 10 with DDR2. You have 2 pairs of mismatched RAM. I would probably just use 4-4-4-10 for max stability.

Back