• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vista 64 vs gaming..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

schumi

I was told this is a bad idea and it wont work with COD2 and I have to use the 32 bit version. Thanks

Sorry I was asking a ? can I run the 64 or do I have to run the 32. If I plan on playing games.

Lots of games here on 64-bit. Only reason to choose 64-bit over 32-bit though is if you have 4gigs of ram. If you don't its more or less a moot point at this time until at least more programs come out that utilize 64-bit.

Thanks guys. so I guess I will go with the 32. dont I have to do a complete reinstall if I want to go to the 64 latter. or if I want to add more ram..

Yup it will be a full reinstall for 64-bit. Its recommened you do a clean install anyways for operating systems but Vista does quiet a good job taking old files over and deleting alot of the old OS files that aren't needed.

Good luck and welcome to the forums :)

Back