• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nvidia overclocking in vista 64bit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am running Vista Home Premium on my laptop, and am using a 7600go. I am using nTune, and it gives me the ability to change the core/mem clocks. Only thing is if i even OC it 1mhz on either the core or memory it will NOT pass the test. Not sure if its my card that won't let me OC or if its Vista. I am running 100.xx beta drivers, so i guess i will find out when Nvidia decides to finally put out Vista Go drivers...

The overclocking ability built into the drivers is planned for a future driver release. So it IS possible. Just don't know if it is possible at this time.

Ok well i just ran windows update and up popped up a updated GeForce Go driver from Nvidia (though it was dated 11/06'ish). Tried OCing my GPU via nTune, and it worked fine. Went from stock 445/381 up to 500/500 so far on my 7600go.... i am using 32bit Vista though.

Back