• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

environment variable problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rebelwarlock

My environment variables are messed up. Badly. I was installing and testing some webserver/php testing utilities last night, and this morning I noticed that my command prompt can't find any of the commands. I can't run system restore either. When I try to, I get an error that says this:

rstrui.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I guess I'll have to manually reset the variables. Here's the list I have:

User Variables

PATH ;C:\Webserv\php
TEMP %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp
TMP %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp

System Variables

CLASSPATH C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
ComSpec %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS 1
OS Windows_NT

Path C:\Program Files\Klorofil;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Program Files\Common Files\GTK\2.0\bin;"C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\";C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\ESTsoft\ALZip\

PATHEXT .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0, AuthenticAMD
PROCESSOR_LEVEL 6
PROCESSOR_REVISION 0a00
QTJAVA C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
TEMP %SystemRoot%\TEMP
TMP %SystemRoot%\TEMP
windir %SystemRoot%

Can anyone help me figure out how to fix these?

EDIT: sorry, I was too hasty to post. All of the problems were solved by removing "C:\Program Files\Klorofil;" from the path.

Last edited:
I found the problem already, it was that damnable Klorofil entry in the path. Thanks for responding though.

Back