• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory timings on S3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cradivonyk

I am running Corsair XMS2 DDR2-675 (pc5400) cas 4 ram. The specs list it as 1.9v as well. Well, in cpu-z, it shows up with my timings as 5-5-5-15 and running at 335MHz. Also, the divider shows up as 3:5. I wrote down the CAS4 timings in the SPD section and manually entered them into the bios. But I didn't see a section in there for the divider. After I set the timings to 4-4-4-12 respectively and rebooted, the timings changed on the memory tab, but the divider remained the same and the fsb frequency remained the same as well.

I understand that the E4300 uses a 200MHz fsb, and the memory is rated at 333MHz and that's where the 3:5 comes from. Now, when I OC, that number will change to 1:1 when I OC the FSB to 333MHz, right? Is that how the divider works? Also, do I only change the timings listed in the SPD table and leave the others alone? Oh, and for the dram voltage setting, if the voltage shows up at 1.8v in the bios, and I want to run 2.1v, then I just select +0.3v in the overvoltage menu, right?

cradivonyk said:
I am running Corsair XMS2 DDR2-675 (pc5400) cas 4 ram. The specs list it as 1.9v as well. Well, in cpu-z, it shows up with my timings as 5-5-5-15 and running at 335MHz. Also, the divider shows up as 3:5. I wrote down the CAS4 timings in the SPD section and manually entered them into the bios. But I didn't see a section in there for the divider. After I set the timings to 4-4-4-12 respectively and rebooted, the timings changed on the memory tab, but the divider remained the same and the fsb frequency remained the same as well.

I understand that the E4300 uses a 200MHz fsb, and the memory is rated at 333MHz and that's where the 3:5 comes from. Now, when I OC, that number will change to 1:1 when I OC the FSB to 333MHz, right? Is that how the divider works? Also, do I only change the timings listed in the SPD table and leave the others alone? Oh, and for the dram voltage setting, if the voltage shows up at 1.8v in the bios, and I want to run 2.1v, then I just select +0.3v in the overvoltage menu, right?

On the S3, the divider is referred to as the memory multiplier. If you select auto then your divider will become 3:5. If you set it to 2.00 then your divider will be 1:1.

Regarding the ram timings. Im not sure exactly what they're called right now but the timings you need to change are the first 4 timings that appear in the list. You need to press ctrl f1 in the main bios screen in order to change ram timings. only after you push ctrl f1 can you access the options under mit.

for the ram voltage just select +.3v like you said in the over voltage menu.

Also disable everything in the cmos. also disable C.I.A2.

After also this you should be able to boot easily at 9*333 to get you a respectable 3.0ghz

Back