• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(Help) Unbranded 1GB DDR PC3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lezarwerks

unbranded-1GB-RAM.gif

If you could help me track down the company who made this, I would ever so be greatful!

Eliminated Brands or Firms:
Kingston
PNY
Crucial
Mushkin
Corsair
Fujitsu
Fry's (Pending)

Cross-Forum Tracker Status:
Sven Co-op Message Forums (Open)
[H]ard|Forums (Open)
Subspace Server Help Forums (Open)
Subspace Central Forums (Open)
Overclockers Forums (Open)

Last edited:
Also, that tag is photo shopped. I can tell just by looking at it.
That's the result of Photoshops sharpening function. If I didn't sharpen that, it may have been a bit harder to read. I made life easier by sharpening the sticker.

Ooooh. So where did you buy this RAM?
I bought it from someone in high position from the Subspace Central forums. He sold me a 512MB PQI DDR PC3200 (works excellent!), 1GB DDR Unbranded PC3200 (supposively Kingston of PNY, but turned out to be neither), and six 80mm Fans; EDIT - I should mention that I spent no more than $70 on all this stuff. He tells me that his friend bought it and later gave/sold it to him. I doubt this stick of RAM could have came from some pure-Chinese company or something, but eh, you never know these days.

Here's unsharpened RAM for you, my sir! :D
unbranded-1GB-RAM-Unsharpened.gif

Although it isn't much, the first one to successfully help me find the right brand will recieve a few bucks from me through PayPal. ;) It's all I can offer.

Last edited:
I typed in the bottom number on the sticker: "1gbudtu13a", into google, and removed a digit from the back until I got a result. it came up with this
http://www.nycom.co.uk/nycom PRICELIST24.htm

"17ASL8834 1GB DDR PC2700/333MHZ 8 CHIP SINGLE SIDED OEM 128MX64 [P/N 1GBUDTU#3A] £101.41"

So unless nycom is the brand, it's got no brand....

"17ASL8834 1GB DDR PC2700/333MHZ 8 CHIP SINGLE SIDED OEM 128MX64 [P/N 1GBUDTU#3A] £101.41"
"PC2700"
Memtest reported it as atleast a PC3200, while a 333mhz. Strange? :eek:

"SINGLE SIDED"
This has double sided chips.

"OEM"
I bet it's OEM.

"128MX64"
That's not what is written on the chips. This is written on all chips: 64MX871
The 1 might be an L, l, or I. The 7 might be a T or linear 7 (I think its a 7).

All the chips also have written or inscribed: "DDXA," "S," "<logo>TA," "0419."
All 16 chips except for 3 have enscribed: "X6A6."
One of those 3 other chips has: "NNT6," but the T is upside down.
Two of those 3 other chips has: "KNT6," but the K is backwards (mirror) and the T is upside down.

On the back of the RAM (see image in first post) to the bottom left is enscribed: "0420," "T*S," "TJ-1," "94V-0."
The * in "T*S" is actually a bullet kind of thing. A dot that is in the middle. The S might be J, but its confusing to distinguish it between S or J.

On the front of the RAM (see image in first post) to the bottom right, upside down (you'll have to turn your head or rotate the image 180 degrees) is enscribed: "1352-7."

Above the chips in white, enscribed into the circuitry is "Ux," where "x" is a number from 1 to 16 (there are 16 chips; U1 to U16).

EDIT :: I'll have to ask Crucial tomarrow if they own this stick. Nycom has a few Crucial-owned sticks of RAM there. :eek:

oh, yea. I know that wasn't your chip because I remmebed you saying it was 3200. I was just showing you that, because it was the only thing I found of it. What I showed you and what you have are the same brand, or at least came from the same place, because the S/N was very simular (has #3a instead of 13a). I didn't know if the nycom was the brand, or if they were just selling it.

Just out of curiousity: let's say I have 3 slots for RAM sticks on my motherboard, and I have a 1GB stick, 512MB stick, and 256MB stick. Is there any specific ordering I have to have these inserted (like largest to smallest from first slot to last) or something?

My first and last slots are dual-channel enabled, so I have my two 512MB DDR PC3200s in there. I placed the 1GB in the very center. Does ordering matter? I'm going to experiment with this soon.

Sorry about double post.

I just removed all my current sticks and placed my 1GB in my very first DIMM/RAM slot (as according to my motherboard's manual). I ran a complete test on the RAM in Memtest and found that this stick has atleast and over 22,000 errors. I wonder if USPS ran it through a magnetic device; anyway this doesn't matter. I need to find out who made this stick. :\ I need to go to bed now. Night. ;)

The brand-hunt is over. An anonymous user at the Subspace Server Help Forums has found the brand of the stick of RAM while looking for some DDR2 RAM on eBay. Add-On Computers is the brand. The award has been given to the anonymous user, and thank you. :)

This thread may now be closed (locked).

Back