• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Creating avi files

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grs

I was just looking at the DVD burning guide in Storage forum

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=293127

and I was wondering what program would I use if I wanted to create an AVI file instead of an ISO? Also would it possable to take the film and use one of the dubbed tracks, I'm thinking about Japanese anime where I want the film but not the original sound track.

I wouldn't go with most of those avi-makers, alot are just the same engine rewrapped and resold by differant companies.

Since most DVDs are copy protected, you'll need DVD Decryptor (no linky, I believe it's illegal now) to get the files off the DVD. Then I would go with AutoGK (uses a modded version of the opensource VirtualDub, and automates Gordian Knot) for basic, quick and easy encoding (although you may not get the highest quality since you won't be fooling around with settings). If you need help, look into AutoGK's forums.

As for the soundtrack, AutoGK also can take care of that.

Last edited:
Back