• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More Detailed Vista Error Messages?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
Guys... I'm at a loss for words here. We don't have any Vista machines at work yet, and I haven't bought Vista for myself yet... so I obviously am learning Vista's nuances on the fly at my job. (Tech Support for a local ISP).

One thing that really gets to me, is whenever there is an error in Vista, it seemingly now NEVER gives a detailed message, or even some kind of indication as to what went wrong. It gives generic messages like "Couldn't connect to the server, please contact administrator".... whereas in XP and back, it would give an error number or a more specific message than "Error has occured, please contact administrator"!

Can someone fill me in on where to find more detailed reports of the problems in Vista? It has to be something simple that I can walk people through over the phone (our average user has an IQ of about 10... that's right... 10. Monkeys are smarter than them).

Back