• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8 burst memory setting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hipcrostino

I think its called "burst", ill check net time i reboot....

Either way there is a setting on the ASROCK 939Dual Sata2 for the burst rate of the ram cycles. It has settings of 2, 4, 8. It's default is 4 and i have always left it so. Until now...

Look at the two attached images. you can see what rate they are at from the file name. In both test the floating point bandwidth doesn't change, but the int bandwidth changes dramatically, going from 5331 MB/ up to 7950!! Burst rate was the only change made between the tests. See the cpuz image for the ram settings, they are at stock. (2, 3, 2, 6, 1t) Trrd is 2. voltage 2.6 .

I'm pretty amazed by this....

Attachments

• 4 burst stock.JPG
    4 burst stock.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 8 burst stock.JPG
    8 burst stock.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 35
  • cpuz.JPG
    cpuz.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 22
hey good thing there are no replies to this. It did seem too good to be true, and well it was. I did another 10 tests just to make sure and not one had the same result with 8 burst as i had above. Looks like i jumped the gun on this one!

Back