• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hardware Shopping list review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prando

Registered
Hi Guys,

After reviewing the forums and other hardware review sites I came up with the following parts for my new computer

ABIT AW9D-MAX
E6400
TWIN2X2048-6400C4
WD2500KS
ATI X1950 Pro
Plextor PX-755SA 16x SATA DL-DVD Recorder
SCNJ-1100P Coller

I am currently running on a 3 year old IC-7
2.8/3.2ghz + 1Gb Ram + ATI 9800Pro + 36.4 Raptor combo

Since I live in Brazil I will have to buy most of the thinks from Amazon, other online vendors do not accept internationl CC :bang head

What do you guys think, will this be a good OC combo?

Thanks in advance!

i would suggest different ram but considering the c4's have EPP for ddr2-1066. those will do, nothing else i can see that i would change. the board should will be able to do 425mhz or a little higher.

Thanks for the responses

I didn't find any G.Skill memories on Amazon, so I will have to stick with Corsair.

About the Video Card I found this BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC card for $80 more compared to the x1950 pro, do you guys think its worth? this is a SLI card, will this mobo do SLI?

the 975x will do SLI but you need modded drivers. since NV still blocks intel based chipsets at the driver level. i would go with the 8800gts if you need to have a good card now. if you can manage to wait till june the 8900's are rumored to comeout then, read that here and xs.

Ok
I have these 2 options:

Video Card 320MB e-GeForce 8800 GTS Superclocked
Part Number 320-P2-N815-AR
Core Clock Speed 576MHz
Stream Processors 96
Memory Clock Speed 1700MHz
Memory Bandwidth 68GB/sec
Shader Clock Speed 1350MHz
Bus PCI-E
Interface DVI-I, DVI-I, HDTV

BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS OC
Bus Type: PCI Express
Memory: 320MB GDDR3
Core Clock: 550MHz
Shader Clock: 1300MHz
Memory Clock: 1600MHz
Stream Processors: 96
Texure Fill Rate: 26.4 billion/sec
Memory Bandwidth: 64GB/sec.
Shader Model: 4.0
API Support: Microsoft® DirectX® 10 and lower, OpenGL® 2.0 and lower for Microsoft Windows®
Connectors: 2 Dual-Link DVI-I, HDTV + TV Out
RAMDACs: Dual 400MHz
HDCP Enabled: Yes

The EVGA is $299 and the BFG is $330.00, comparing the specs i should go with the EVGA right? it has higher clocks...

I'd go for eVGA on the fact that if you want to step up to a higher card when you have the money, you have three months to do so.

Last edited:
Hi Prando,

I don't know if I missed something here, but I didn't see what operating system you'll be installing. Also, I don't know what type of games, if any, you'll be playing on the computer. If you are not a big gamer, or at least don't intend to play the latest and greatest, the video card I installed in my new build works great and is DX-10. The specs of my system are in my signature. Lastly, get a good recommendation from Batboy or Deanzo regarding the ram. The slightly better than stock G.Skill (pc6400) I used works excellent. Voltages range only from 1.8v-2.0v, but G.Skill makes another PC-6400 that OC much higher.

Back