• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar 965PT actually 965 Deluxe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DanoIII

Registered
While perusing the reviews on Newegg I came across one that suggested that if you removed the sticker near the memory slots on a Biostar 965PT that the word "Deluxe" is screen printed underneath. The reviewer also claims to have flashed the bios with the Deluxe model bios, enabling features that the PT model didn`t have. Can anyone confirm/refute the validity of these statements? Oh, great forum by the way. Very knowledgeable people here, to be sure!

Nice find , Biostars seams to be getting alot better then they used to Before has some really nice clocks on his setup

I wish they'd make a 965 in uATX format! As soon as I can find a good clocking micro board I swear I'm taking a hammer and hell maybe even some gasoline to this lousy ECS board, and of course I will post pics to the hardware destruction thread.

DanoIII said:
While perusing the reviews on Newegg I came across one that suggested that if you removed the sticker near the memory slots on a Biostar 965PT that the word "Deluxe" is screen printed underneath. The reviewer also claims to have flashed the bios with the Deluxe model bios, enabling features that the PT model didn`t have. Can anyone confirm/refute the validity of these statements? Oh, great forum by the way. Very knowledgeable people here, to be sure!
I've been using the Biostar 965PT for a few months now. Its a great value for those that don't need raid.

Removing the sticker on the board does reveal a 'deluxe' logo on the board, but there are actual physical differences. Firstly, the Deluxe has two additional SATA ports. Also, the PT has the ICH8 SB where as the Deluxe has the ICH8R SB, meaning it can do raid. The 965 Deluxe bios does work, but any of the extra features that are added, atleast concerning raid, do not work. I'll post some pictures later if you guys would like.

Thanks Vulcan!

Vulcan said:
I've been using the Biostar 965PT for a few months now. Its a great value for those that don't need raid.

Removing the sticker on the board does reveal a 'deluxe' logo on the board, but there are actual physical differences. Firstly, the Deluxe has two additional SATA ports. Also, the PT has the ICH8 SB where as the Deluxe has the ICH8R SB, meaning it can do raid. The 965 Deluxe bios does work, but any of the extra features that are added, atleast concerning raid, do not work. I'll post some pictures later if you guys would like.

Yeah, I`d love to see the pics! I`m seriously considering this board for my new build. Your input is appreciated.

Back