• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is DDR2 667 the same as DDR2 675

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frenzy007

I know we're talking about a matter of 8 (675 - 667) but I don't want to be stuck with the wrong product

Which specific memory modules are you trying to decide between? I don't see many people, if any, with DDR2-675 sticks. Most are sticking to DDR2-667, DDR2-800, and up.

It's basically the same... sort of... probably "factory overclocked" DDR2-667 RAM. Mainly a marketing ploy to make you think it's faster and better.

memory runs at whatever you set your fsb and dividers/multipliers to. I think the 675 might just mean it *can* run at that speed, but i doubt it will by default. even if cradivonyk's sticks are showing 335mhz with the system at 100% stock and all components picking their frequencies automatically, that is ddr2-670, not 675. i'd just get the ddr2-667.

splat said:
memory runs at whatever you set your fsb and dividers/multipliers to. I think the 675 might just mean it *can* run at that speed, but i doubt it will by default. even if cradivonyk's sticks are showing 335mhz with the system at 100% stock and all components picking their frequencies automatically, that is ddr2-670, not 675. i'd just get the ddr2-667.

Right... I just got it because it was $79 shipped for 2 sticks of 512MB. And with my CPU (9x multi) and a 333MHz fsb, it would be perfect.

thanks for the info.

@ least @ newegg, there is no option for ddr2 667 for their xms 2 memory.

Back