• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best ASUS mobo for SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lostmantech

Registered
Hey guys,

I've tried reading a bunch of threads to get an answer before i post this, but none are really answering it for me.

I've been considering buying an EVGA 680i SLI mobo, but from what i'm hearing there are a ton of problems ranging from the layout, to the bios, to overheating.

I guess I'm wondering

1 if that is or is not the general consensus....

2. What the best ASUS mobo for SLI is. or even the best one for me.

I will be getting an e6600, but I want the capability to go quad. I will have dual 8800gtx's, a raptor and 2 barracuda SATA hdd's in a raid 0 array. I want the capability to OC but not too crazy. I will also have an PCCS 750W PSU.

What is the best board to acheive this.
Thanks alot.

-Lostman

The only real good option right now for SLI is a 680i board.....I think any would do fine. Either Asus or eVGA...whatever floats your boat I guess.

The eVGA's had an issue with some after market heat sinks that used backplates because they had a couple of IC's in the way....but they released a new revision that fixes this. You might want to check to see if the vendor has these if you play to use after market cooling.

Yeah, I still just keep reading a ton of problems about the evga 680i.

So i guess I'm looking for you guys to name the best board for SLI, and pretty good overclockablility, made by ASUS.

Want to keep price around $250

Thanks!

you can run SLI on any 975x board (like a p5w-dh), but you need to run older, hacked drivers. i'm not sure if hacked 8800 drivers have been release, but you might poke around XS to see if anyone has them.

Back