• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

May He Have 2 Re-Activate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

My mate bought a new copy of XP Home SP2 about a month ago his system set-up was (bare with me) a ASUS PN5D2-Sli, 1GB Samsung DDR2 memory borrowed from a HP Pavilion, WD 120gb SATA HDD, ATi X800 256mb GTo2 Linited Edition PCI-E card (BIOS flashed to 16 pipes).

Now he sold his old HP machine and then bought a unknown brand of 2gb memory it was unstable. They replaced it and it was even more unstable they checked it said it was the memory controller so we've RMA'd it off to ASUS. When it comes to activation I think it might not pass will telling MS about the situation help me cause I probably think ASUS will send him a new board as LGA775 P4 socket is dead now aint it.

And I doubt they'll have a new board lying around unless replacing the mem controller is easy.

if it's the same board,then he most likely can just reinstall and go,probibly will not have to re-actvate the windows install.

AngelfireUk83 said:
My mate bought a new copy of XP Home SP2 about a month ago his system set-up was (bare with me) a ASUS PN5D2-Sli, 1GB Samsung DDR2 memory borrowed from a HP Pavilion, WD 120gb SATA HDD, ATi X800 256mb GTo2 Linited Edition PCI-E card (BIOS flashed to 16 pipes).

Now he sold his old HP machine and then bought a unknown brand of 2gb memory it was unstable. They replaced it and it was even more unstable they checked it said it was the memory controller so we've RMA'd it off to ASUS. When it comes to activation I think it might not pass will telling MS about the situation help me cause I probably think ASUS will send him a new board as LGA775 P4 socket is dead now aint it.

And I doubt they'll have a new board lying around unless replacing the mem controller is easy.
I dobut you will even have to call them.

IF you do, just tell them you reformated and it is only instaleld on one computer. Don't bother with some long winded explenation because they don't care.

Back