• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help on OC for Asrock Dual VSTA 775

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

donnie210

This is my first build and I read on Newegg's review on this board that some of the people OC their pros. from 3.4GHz to anywhere between 3.7 to 4.2.
I tried to OC my D-945 3.4GHz, I could only get it to 3.69 before windows would freeze up. Please help if you know this board and have OC pass 3.7. I would like to get it around 3.7 to 4.0. I changed the CPU Frq. from 200 to around 217 so far. I am running 2G of Kingston DDR II 667 memory, 430 watt power supply, and EVGA 7800 CO GS KO.

i have this same board and a C2D e6400 and i cant get it pass to 300Fsb anything higher it wont boot ive donne some research on this board and i found out about some voltage mods and others but in my opnion the best thing to do is get a new mobo :bang head

From my experience with my 775DUAL-VSTA and my E6600 I couldn't get the board to boot at 301, however 300FSB on mine was stable day and night full load no matter what. The board has its high points but I tend to suggest other boards. Since you have it, that is likely all the higher you will be able to get on that board. Hopefully you will be able to pull some more out of it but its not likely.

~jtjuska

bryan_d said:
Another bit of advice would be to upgrade your powersupply. How much amperage is on your 12volt line?

bryan d

I am not sure. This is what I found.

Output +3.3V@20A, +5V@30A, +12V@18A, [email protected], [email protected], +5VSB@2A

Over Voltage Protection +5V trip point < +7.0V, +3.3V trip point < +4.5V, +12V trip point < +15.6V

It's a Thermaltake 430W W0070RUC

It could be that the power supply isn't up to the challenge for that much strain. I would see if there is a more knowledgable power supply person to drop in but I would suspect that could be your problem.

~jtjuska

Donnie:welcome::welcome: to the OC/forums.

If you get 300MGz over stock thats good. Doing 290fsb on mine @2.33ghz. Can't complain since its such a cheap board and will carry us over for a while. It bothers me that 2Gigs of DDR2 costs as much as a half decent Mobo.

dfonda said:
Donnie:welcome::welcome: to the OC/forums.

If you get 300MGz over stock thats good. doing 290fsb on mine @2.33ghz. Can't complain since its such a cheap board and will carry us over for a while. It bothers me that 2Gigs of DDR2 costs as much as a half decent Mobo.

QFT

~jtjuska

Back