• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Ultimate & Extra's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Ok so whos tried any of the cool extra's out?

DreamScene: Full motion video for desktop background. I can tell you damn its sweet.
Hold Em Poker Game: Just as it says its poker.

Anyways had to see what if anyone has been running these? I think the DreamScene has alot of potential for more or less rotating background or something like that.

Mine varies for CPU usage from 5% to 30% Typically its low teens's.

Does use a bit of memory after a while though. Had a 300Meg WVM file running for a bit, was suprised how little CPU power it used compared to Media player.

it was available for a while as a download which went in as an update when you installed it. Now it should just come down as an auto update.

Ya its on the updates if you select updates its one of the options. Was released on the 12th if not mistaken and if its in just go to your desktop background change and go in the menu there.

How is the drive imaging tool that Vista Ultimate has? Does it support the use of external HD? Ghost 10 doesn't work at all and Nero 7's tool doesn't seem to support restoring from usb hd.

mblue said:
How is the drive imaging tool that Vista Ultimate has? Does it support the use of external HD? Ghost 10 doesn't work at all and Nero 7's tool doesn't seem to support restoring from usb hd.

As long as its connected to the computer it will see it. I've done it.

I have been using DreamScene with Stardock DreamScape. My wallpaper is currently a video of a lake with waves gently comming into shore. DreamScape has more wallpapers available than DreamScene right now, and it is all free (for Ultimate users).

http://dream.wincustomize.com/

I have imaged my primary HDD, but I havent tried restoring from the image yet.

Oroka Sempai said:
I have been using DreamScene with Stardock DreamScape. My wallpaper is currently a video of a lake with waves gently comming into shore. DreamScape has more wallpapers available than DreamScene right now, and it is all free (for Ultimate users).

http://dream.wincustomize.com/

I have imaged my primary HDD, but I havent tried restoring from the image yet.

Wow thats slick going to give it a try right now.

BTW Cool. Not to much CPU usage on some of them. Relatively low actually not much more then normal desktop usage. Ah more toys to play with for vista :)

Last edited:
Maybe I am missing something here. Yes I downloaded the dreamscene but what is it and where is it? I can just find pictures and a movie clip of a bear in a creak. That cant be this wonderful dreamscene can it?:bang head

Dang I must awfuly dense since all I have there is one movie clip of the Vista start up screen.

Last edited:
Go in and change your wallpaper the normal way, in the drop box for 'Picture Location' there will be an option Windows DreamScenes. There will be a default Windows Energy wallpaper.

Go get DreamScape, there are about 10 wallpapers available.

All I can find is Dreamscene preview. And that is just the Vista start up screen with moving lights. No 10 other scenes or anything. Why will nothing MS work for me?

Did you read any of the other posts? With DreamScene there is only one wallpaper, but with DreamSCAPE you can get 13 (as of this moment). Read and you will be provided with the knowlege of a thousand samauri*

*1000 samauri = 1 guy with a kompooterz.

Yes I saw that there were lots a Dream Scape clips but the way people were raving about DreamScene I thought it would be a big deal. Oh well:bang head

Dream Scape and DreamScene are the same thing just different file extensions. Its an animated background thats all. If you like it sure use it if not don't worry.

Back