• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Batch file

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jack222

I had a quick question about creating a batch file.

I work at the University of Connecticut and I oversee a bunch of labs. One thing we have to do is replace a folder on every machine in a lab. It's a simple folder that has maybe 6 sub folders. All we have to do is basically replenish all the systems with the original set of folders, since students edit them.

It is very time consuming to go to every machine. Is there a way to do the following? There is one administrator in every lab and maybe 12 computers in lab "a". Could I, from the admin account, use a batch file to send the folder and replace it on the rest of machines, that aren't necessarily on admin accounts?

The machine are running XP pro.

I have tried xcopy and tried copying the folder but it just doesn't work. We got it to work on 2 computers in our office using xcopy but it doesn't work on the labs downstairs.

I have a feeling it may because the student computers aren't on admin accounts. I know all the settings are enabled, etc so that's not the issue.

I hope this makes sense. If not, I can clarify.

Thanks alot.

Back