• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Win2k Users here?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

einstein2

Who still uses Win2k here? :D i do, i have nothing against Vista, XP however is another story lol. I ran vista on my old 3.6Ghz and it ran rubbish, really naff, i mean yea ok it was a RC1 copy but it still needed alot of work.

When will you go over to vista? I,ll go over once they've sorted everything out e.g. drivers etc. My 8800GTS card is no good in vista because the drivers are only BETA :( :bang head

Props to you for running W2K.... my P3 768Mb ram running W2K was by far the better internet surfer than my P4 2Gb running XP.

You know, I was thinking of doing a clean install of XP, but I think I will do a clean install of windows 2000 instead.

Yah, I am running 2K on my Barton @ 2600. However, to provide a full answer, I am in the market for a new lappy and I want to get it while XP pro is still around. I will take the free upgrade disk if they have one but I will not touch Vista until at least SP1 or possibly SP2.

einstein2,

Here's another Win2k user. BTW, I am going to be upgrading to c2d soon from an XP-M. Did you have any issues with your c2d and Win2k? Did you have to do anything special to get Win2k to use both cores? Or is it as simple as plug and play...

Thx.

I'm still using W2K. I ran WXP Pro for awhile, and the difference is pretty minor. I'm downloading Ubuntu linux, and I think I'll give that a try.

I am running both Win2K, and WinXP Home, and to be honest, I think they are both about on the same level. Most of the problems I have seen with either OS, are either hardware instability or BTK.

I have my copy of w2kpro but it's not installed at the moment.

I like XP better but w2k was always decent to me.

It works well on older machines and is generally still well supported by software and hardware vendors.

A little bit. It's the last version of Windows I bought, and I use it on one dual-boot PC for those apps I absolutely require Windows for. I refuse to use software with activation, so I never went to XP. Some time between 2K and when I would have bought XP, M$ ****ed me off enough for me to start my boycott and for me to decide to migrate fully to free software.

Back