• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone try Windows Home Server?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oroka Sempai

M$ is now inviting people to beta test Windows Home Server. You need a spare computer with 512mb RAM, 80GB HDD, a 1GHz+ CPU, and a DVD drive.

You can fill out thier application, and you might get chosen to beta thier software (keep in mind beta testers of Vista got a free copy).

I am just wondering if anyone here has gotten accepted yet and have installed it?

http://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer

I just got accepted too, need to go to office depot and grab some DVDs though... i didn't know that i was out.

In reading through the docs, i can connect to this thing remotely, has anyone tried it? i'm concerned about it's safety out there :/

~ Gos

Just got accepted. Downloading now. Guess I need to get the 2nd computer up and running...........

I was just accepted yesterday. Like Adragontattoo, I found it it in my spam folder.

I like the idea of just adding drives and it doesn't add drive letters. Keep all your movies/vids in one dir and the drive is getting full? Just add another drive and you have more space. Sounds good to me.

I'll try it out on my server 2k3 box that hasn't been booted in 3 or 4 weeks.

Got it. But the computer I wanted to put it on's dvd drive cant read DVD+rw's. HAve to get another dvd drive.

Back